Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Adrenal/Thyroid Function

I found this scorecard very interesting yesterday. I have 29 of the indicators for adrenal exhaustion right now. Um...yeah. The recommendations to rehab the adrenals are very interesting as well. Many of these nutrients are in good supply in the GAPS diet. I'm interested though, in getting some dessicated adrenal gland when we can. No matter how much sleep I get, I am always very low energy, and have a hard time committing to activities because I get so tired so quickly. I'm very ready to have normal amounts of energy and be able to exercise regularly again!

2 comments:

  1. Rather than dessicated whole adrenal, I have heard that just adrenal cortex is preferable--that's what makes cortisol. You don't want to add any more adrenaline (made outside the cortex) because that can make you feel worse. The cortex is helpful, but I have found it best to take it very early in the morning or it will keep me awake.

    GAPS has done a lot to help my adrenals, and salt loading has also been very useful.

    Justine
    thenewhuntergatherer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Thanks Justine! Thankfully, my adrenal symptoms seem to be resolving as I deal with my candida issues. I think my adrenals were worn out by how terrible I felt all the time.

    ReplyDelete