Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eggs again

Soft boiled eggs for breakfast this morning, for everyone except Hannah, who seems to need a little more time with the broth and probiotics for now. And good results all around! I can hardly believe this. :) We will retry Hannah on egg next week. She was pretty sad about her symptoms, but maybe by talking with her about it some, she will be more motivated with drinking her broth/eating soups. She still seems to be struggling with those some. Usually her complaints are related to the fat that accumulates on the top of the broth. The longer we go on the diet, the more that fat is comforting and tasty to me. It seems like I can actually feel it stabilizing my blood sugar. After spending so much of my life getting shaky and nauseous between meals, stable blood sugar feels so good!

In other news, finished yet another batch of homemade sauerkraut that I do not like the taste/smell of. Going to have to either buy sauerkraut from, or enlist the help of my friend Dawn. Thankfully, she is starting classes on fermentation soon! I am lacking some of the equipment that is recommended in making sauerkraut and I think I must not be getting enough liquid out of the cabbage to keep it covered and safe from the pesky critters in the air. At least that's my guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment