Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eggs with a side of whine

I'm feeling cranky today, just thought I'd warn ya.

Why are things so hard for us to digest, eggs being a big one? They seem so simple, so natural. People have been eating eggs for thousands of years. I'm able to get the best eggs available - the chickens can roam around and eat bugs, they aren't fed soy. And still, it hurt my stomach SO badly when I tried egg yolk the other day.

I am fairly convinced that my issue yesterday was the ground flax I added to the pancakes to...substitute for egg. I'm trying gelatin as a substitute in a pancake recipe today, but the problem is that most people on this diet make recipes using lots of eggs because they are a source of protein, and it gets them out of having to eat soup AGAIN. Loads of gelatin in a recipe is just not going to taste good.

Nick has been fine with egg all along, and is able to scramble eggs for himself in the mornings. I need to try Audrey on them because I think she may do ok, but she had diarrhea this morning, I suspect from the flax. So that's a project for another day.

The thing that has always kept me away from doing this diet in the first place, is the tendency of people on it to become so obsessed, so dominated by thoughts of food. Food is not enough of a reason for me to get up in the morning. Certainly not simple food like this, and yet you become tied to it because of the learning curve, and because when you eat simply you are hungry often.

I gotta go think about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment