Friday, March 25, 2011

Eggs?!

We did another trial of eggs yesterday morning. And, for me, NOTHING HAPPENED. I can hardly believe it, considering how sick they made me just a couple of weeks ago. And yet, I'm about 30 minutes from the 24 hour mark with no noticeable symptoms. The girls still struggled a bit, but not as bad as it's been. We have been trying a new breakfast with Daddy schedule that has made it difficult to find a time to give their probiotics before breakfast, so I suspect that's what would cause them to still struggle. I'll get on top of that, and in a couple days they will be fine too, I bet!

To me, this feels like the first big success with this diet. I have been more or less off eggs for 4 years. I'm grateful that Audrey is eating better, and Nick is feeling good and happy with his weight, but the real motivator in doing this for me has been the food intolerances.

Up till this week, my head has been in this but not my heart. I've been frustrated with the fact that we even needed to do it. The longer we go, the more my heart becomes engaged in it too. We can get well. This diet is a blessing, not a curse!

No comments:

Post a Comment