Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a new day...

Hannah and Audrey both vomited during the night, within about 20 minutes of each other. After we cleaned up all their bedding, Nick graciously sat and spoon fed both of them. Then they slept the rest of the night. I'm certain it was because of low blood sugar.

For our beef soup, I shredded the fat and beef from the roast and soup bone between two forks in a bowl, fished out all the bones, and returned the fat and meat to the crock pot. The shredded beef soup is very good, though I need to add a few more veggies. I think I will steam some and add them.

Last night I did the allergy test that is recommended by the GAPS site, to determine if Hannah, Audrey and I should avoid using whey as a probiotic food. The test involves leaving a drop of the food you're testing on the inside of your wrist, allowing it to dry, and then checking for a red spot on your skin in the morning. No red spots! We're good! I added 2 t. of whey to each of our bowls of soup this morning.

So far neither Hannah or Audrey has eaten a bite this morning. Hannah keeps insisting that her daddy told her she could have a regular breakfast, so we have a call in to Nick to verify. He seems to be able to influence the girls in a way that I cannot, so I pray that God will give him the words to say to help start a breakthrough. It's hard to watch the girls make this so hard on themselves. I'm more or less doing the same diet but I feel pretty good. I might even try doing some yoga this morning. I had a normal BM this morning, so I will move myself to stage two of the into diet. Yay! It's been a long time since I've had so little stomach and intestinal pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment