Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Setback

H & A continued to throw up all afternoon. At this point I'm thinking they must have the stomach flu. Nick has had an intestinal flu for the past 5 days, and Tess had it a week and a half ago and threw up several times. I think I had a mild version so I'm hoping I'm immune at this point. It's so hard to tell if the vomiting is related to sickness or just low blood sugar, but either way I don't want to end up in the ER with dehydration.

So, after consulting with my mom again, I served them a few bites of cooked rice cereal with coconut milk, something they eat regularly. They will either throw it up at which point I can be fairly sure it's flu, or they will keep it down and I won't have a clue which it is. They both perked up considerably after eating it. Hmm...

I determined at the beginning of this that I wouldn't feel guilty if we had to sometimes eat things off the diet. No one makes the rules but me and Nick, so I'm going to be fairly unapologetic when we "cheat" (I probably won't even call it that.) I've read that people often have several trial runs before actually starting the diet completely. So, maybe we will have to as well. If I can move the kids toward more healthy fat and not being so vehemently opposed to soups, we will have made progress.

1 comment:

  1. Both of them kept the cereal down thus far, so they're both having some homemade sausage now. Is it possible that soups gross them out to the point that they vomit at the thought of them? And if so, why? And how would I teach them otherwise?

    ReplyDelete