Monday, February 21, 2011

Morning Number 1

Well, here we go...

Lots of tears from Hannah this morning. Served them chicken soup again, and have a bone-in beef roast defrosting to make another type of soup in a day or two. Very little eating by Hannah and Audrey. Gave both kids a little ginger tea, which they were excited about. They don't tolerate honey yet, but I look forward to being able to give them some in their tea soon. Tessa ate happily and then took an early nap. The GAPS book and Bio-Kult shipped this morning. Hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week. I look forward to devouring the book; I'm sure it will be full of fascinating info!

Since I'm nursing so much, I'm going to make gradual changes to my diet so my supply doesn't drop. I had some leftover beef sausage this morning, and will probably eat some soaked oatmeal later when the girls aren't around. We have some "illegal" food in the house still and I'm planning to eat some of it up so we don't waste money. GAPS Intro is not recommended for nursing moms, so over time I will transition to the full diet and then probably do intro later when the kids are feeling good.

Breakfast is the only meal of the day that has been pleasant, so this is the hardest part for me. We always had some type of homemade sausage patties (beef, chicken or turkey), and a soaked hot cereal with maple syrup. The girls loved it, but were hungry again within an hour and begging for fruit or some other sugary snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment