Monday, February 21, 2011

Nettle Infusion

I've been drinking homemade nettle infusion the past two days, based on a message board I read that is frequented by very knowledgeable health fanatics. It is dark green, and when I look at it, it grosses me out. Then I smell it and it smells SO good to me. And I drink it and it just feels good going down, if that makes any sense? So it's a funny thing - I feel grossed out and then I like it and then I feel good, and then I'm grossed out again and then I like it again...

Go to that link though, and read all the stuff it does - really a remarkable plant!

3 comments:

  1. Sara-we love nettle! I have a patch of it I grow here and I wanted to thank you for your post. It reminded me to go out and check to see if my lovely nettle patch is beginning to grow this year! Fresh spring nettle is the best! I am eager to make nettle soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You would be growing some of it. :) I looked online to see if I could buy seeds and was amazed at how many I found! I wonder if my neighbors would have a fit if I planted a patch of stinging weeds in my backyard? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha what they don't know won't hurt em...

    ReplyDelete